Job title: Senior WordPress Plugin Developer
Company: Equalize Digital, Inc.
Job description: We are seeking to add another senior plugin developer to our growing product dev team.
Senior Plugin Developers at Equalize Digital are responsible for creating and maintaining the Equalize Digital Accessibility Checker and other software our company owns and maintains. They work closely with numerous stakeholders, including our executive team, investors, customers, the broader WordPress community, and their colleagues, to create world-class accessibility tools that are used by thousands of people globally. In addition, they serve as the architects and driving force behind our SaaS offerings.
Individuals who are results-driven and who value environments with a high degree of autonomy will thrive in this role. You must be passionate about clean, performant, and accessible software development, with a clear understanding of the WordPress environment and its standards.
Job Duties * Proactively contributes to the innovation and problem-solving process, often presenting original concepts and strategies for consideration. They are not content with merely executing directives; instead, they engage in a two-way dialogue with the Chief Technology Officer, providing valuable input that shapes the direction of Equalize Digital’s products.
- Prototype and iterate on new features in Equalize Digital Accessibility Checker and future SaaS offerings. Plays an active role in planning and defining milestones, and takes action to ensure objectives are achieved on-time and to specification.
- Write readable, secure, accessible, testable, and standards-compliant code, proactively helping to modernize and upgrade the existing code base over time. Pull requests are tested thoroughly before submission, with a low incidence of errors or bugs.
- Monitors support channels and project dashboard communications for escalated support requests or miscellaneous tasks. Sets clear expectations for turnaround times on smaller tasks and stays on top of deadlines.
- Be a key team member in helping to significantly grow the Equalize Digital Accessibility Checker user base and create a market-leading product.
- Bridges the gap between WordPress and SaaS. Has built complex WordPress plugins and seen them through to release. Possesses the fundamental skills and experience to architect, build, integrate, and maintain a SaaS solution.
- Familiarity with WordPress core architecture, WordPress coding standards, and the WordPress block editor (Gutenberg). Proficiency with the WordPress REST API and creating custom API endpoints.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot plugin, theme, and server environment conflicts. Able to research, identify, and test solutions independently.
- Understanding of and commitment to accessibility best practices and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Committed to writing high-quality code that is scalable, maintainable, and efficient.
- Routinely utilizes linters, scanners, and other preventive tools to detect and squash bugs.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant results with minimal wasted effort.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done, when necessary.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Intelligence. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Builds trust, maintains confidence and focuses on doing the right thing.
- Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. Maintains this standard across all channels of communication.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Open to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism.
25 Paid Days Off
10 Paid Holidays
1 Week Off Paid December 25-30 for our all-company break
10 Days Additional PTO (increases to 15 Days after 3 years)
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Available for US Residents
Health Insurance Reimbursement Plan for International Team Members
Continuing Education Opportunities
Support and cost reimbursement for attending conferences, classes, and certification programs.
Financial support for speaking engagements.
Remote Work, Autonomy
We trust our team to deliver high-quality work and to meet deadlines.
Team members who maintain this trust will enjoy high levels of autonomy.
Expected salary: $70000 – 110000 per year
Location: Dayton, OH
Job date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 23:43:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!