WordPress 5.4.1 Ready. Compatible with WooCommerce, Elementor, Polylang, WPML
The Fox includes 1,000+ options that allow you to customize every single element: Logo, menu, post title, meta, content font face, size, color.. All dedicated demos are one-click importable to help you build a clean and professional blog or magazine in no time.
The Fox is also super lightweight. No additional page builders required. All customizations are built-in theme.
If you like blogging, Fox is great: 100% compatibility with WordPress 5.4.1 and Gutenberg Editor. It also supports YouTube videos, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tiktok embed in post.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
- Installable WordPress theme file
- 10 premade demos with one-click import feature.
- All necessary plugins
- FREE lifetime updates
- 6 months support by default (or 12 months if you choose).
- Direct support by theme author
- Online Theme Documentation
FULL FEATURE LIST
WordPress 5.4.1 compatible. Gutenberg editor ready
Fox is always update to date and will be compatible with future WordPress versions. We also support Classic Editor for those who doesn’t like the new editor.
One-click Import Demo
All Demos are included in the download package. To make your site look 100% same as demo, you just need to click to single button “Import” and wait for couple of minutes.
Responsive and Mobile-Friendly
While mobile is an inevitable trend, Fox is serious with mobile version.
Fox has off-canvas menu that looks like Facebook, nytimes, new yorker, elle with two different skins: light or dark. You can set background image for your off-canvas menu like this.
Everything is responsive: You can choose different ad images for mobile screen, smaller font size for text, smaller padding/margin for elements..
Fox supports custom mobile logo: You can upload mobile version of your site logo. By default, it’s text logo that’s very light-weight.
Fox or none of our WordPress themes collect any kind of personal data, like email, name or IP addresses.
Fox is coded with standard HTML 5 & CSS3 technique. We bring semantic into your code so that search engines like Google, Bing.. can read easily and understands what your site is about, where’s the headline, where’s the main image etc.
Text logo is default unless you want to use image. All headings H1, H2, H3.. are well orgazined as well as CSS, JS files are minified by default to improve site speed.
All Google Fonts are combined into single-call to load, and only necessary font weights are loaded.
Drag & drop home page builder
Understand the concept: There’s unlimited number of sections. You can add/remove or change order of those sections.
In each section, you can display posts from any category, post type, specify author, sort them by date, view count, comment count. Also, you can pick posts manually to build something like “Editors’ picks”.
For displaying, you’re free to choose among 11 predefined layouts:
- Standard Post
- Grid: 2 – 5 columns
- Masonry: 2 – 5 columns
- Vertical Post
- Post Group 1
- Post Group 2
- Classic Slider
- Modern Slider
- Big Post
You can also play around with section heading, display sidebar left/right, display some banner/ad.
Custom sidebar on homepage
In case you choose to display a sidebar instead of posts, Fox gives you flexibility to choose sidebar layout as well as which sidebar to display. You can add as many sidebars as you want in the backend while Fox comes with a sidebar manager.
With ability of display any sidebar on frontpage, you can add Newsletter Sign up form, Instagram Feed, Intro boxes, About block or whatever you want.
Custom post type
Fox supports custom post type and custom taxonomy. To create custom post type, you can install Custom post type UI plugin, create your Book or Movie post type, Movie Genre taxonomies.. Fox can recognizes all of them and adds them to query in homepage builder.
Homepage builder allows you to load unique posts only. It means posts are being loaded in section 1 won’t show up again in section 2. It gives your readers a consistent experience.
Archive top area
In each category/tag, you may choose to display most viewed posts or featured posts of that category/tag in some manner: post group 1, group 2, vertical post, post grid..
Here’s an example of top area of archive page.
Category, tag options
Each category, tag has its own option set. You can choose different layouts for different categories. Here’s the list of options you can set for each individual category/tag:
- Post layout: grid, masonry, list, standard..
- Sidebar: Left, right or no sidebar
- Top area: layout for top area or disable.
- Category cover image. Example >>
- Sidebar selection: It means you can display different sidebars for different categories.
Built-in author options
- Social profile URL such as facebook, twitter, instagram..
- Author avatar: So you don’t need to register a user avatar in Gravatar
- Author cover image. Example >>
Fox has a built-in simple Sidebar Manager that allows you to create as many sidebars as you want. Who needs this? You will need this in case:
- Use a custom sidebar only only for homepage builder
- Use a custom sidebar for some page
- Use a custom sidebar for some post
- Use a custom sidebar for some category/tag
All of those are possible with Fox.
Advanced thumbnail options
You can choose over landscape, square, portrait thumbnail for your blog posts or enter your custom thumbnail size that right to you, eg. 720×400.
Thumbnail hover effect:
- Image Fade
- Image darken
- Your brand logo hover image
- First letter of post title
Total typography control
Fox contains 3 primary font positions: body font, heading font and navigation font. For each position, you can choose to use system font (Helvetica, Georgia..), Google Font or upload your own font (woff2 and woff files).
For other elements (post title, content, widget title, post meta, button, input form etc), you can select either font from those primary positions or enter your own custom font.
Each Google font, you can select only font weights you need to load to improve loading speed.
Control typography of every single element
Each element, you can control font size, font size on tablet and mobile, font weight, font style, letter spacing, line-height, text transform, color, link hover text decoration.
Here’s the list of typography elements you can control:
- Body font
- Heading font
- Navigation first level
- Navigation dropdown
- Logo font
- Off-canvas mobile menu
- Section heading font
- Blog post title
- Blog post meta
- Standalone category (above post title)
- Single post title
- Single post subtitle
- Single post content
- Single label heading
- Archive title font
- Widget title
- Form input
- Block quote
- Drop cap (with Gothic font option)
- Image caption
Also full option for languages supported: Latin, Latin Extended, Greek, Greek Extended, Cyrillic, Cyrillic Extended, Vietnamese.
Boxed layout with custom background
- Wide Layout by default.
- Boxed Layout: For boxed layout, you can set background color/image and border. Example of background image >>
Content width can be set to 1020px, 1170px or any number you want. Feel free to change the sidebar width too.
5 Header layouts
- Stack 1: Navigation bar – Logo
- Stack 2: Logo – Navigation bar
- Stack 3: Search, Logo, Social – Menu
- Stack 4: Menu – Search, Logo, Social
- Inline: Logo Left – Menu Right
- Minimal Header with Primary Menu disabled.
Sticky header can be enabled/disabled.
Powerful menu options
Mega menu: To enable mega menu, you just need to check to the menu item: Enable this. Very simple. Fox supports 2, 3, 4 column mega menu item.
Loads latest posts from category: You can enable this feature for category menu item in the back end, so that when your visitors hover a category menu item, it loads latest posts in that category.
2 dropdown skins: Light and dark dropdown menu.
Menu icon: You can enter menu icon from Font Awesome 5 set or Feather icon set.
Off canvas menu
You can choose an off canvas menu that differs from your main header menu.
The hamburger button can be enabled for disabled.
Text logo and image logo
Fox supports text logo with full customization over logo style: font face, size, weight, color.. Text logo is practically good for SEO and is a simple solution if you don’t want to design an image logo.
If you have your own design, image logo is supported. Fox also has option for logo on mobile (a smaller logo for mobile header).
Flexible footer sidebars
- 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
- 2/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
- 1/4 + 2/4 + 1/4
- 1/4 + 1/4 + 2/4
- 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3
- 2/3 + 1/3
- 1/3 + 2/3
- 1/2 + 1/2
Widgets often being used in footer sidebars:
- Text widget
- About widget
- Post List
- Menu links
- Footer Menu
- Footer Logo
- Newsletter form
- Search form
Build your own footer with your creativity while Fox supports custom color and background color/image for footer sidebars.
Versatile single post layouts
There’re 6 predefined single post layouts, that you can set locally for each individual post or globally for all posts
- Layout 1: Thumbnail – Title – Content
- Layout 1b: Title – Thumbnail – Content
- Layout 2: [Title] – [Thumbnail] – [Content]
- Layout 3: [Thumbnail] – [Title & Content]
- Layout 4: Hero Full
- Layout 5: Hero Half (Dark and Light)
Post formats supported
- Standard post
- Video post: YouTube, Vimeo or any popular video service. You can also upload your own mp4 video file.
- Audio post: Spotify, Soundcloud or any popular audio service. You can also upload your own audio file.
- Gallery post: with 7 gallery styles, see below.
- Link format: Your post in blog can point to an external link
Autoload next post
Create an infinite scroll for single posts to keep your visitors on site. When visitors reach to the bottom of single post, it loads a new post automatically.
This is a feature inspired by qz.com or elle.com
Here’s an example. Note: it loads only 1 post for sample. When you enable it in your site, it loads infinitely.
Automatic video thumbnail
Once Youtube or Vimeo video URL set for your video format post, Fox automatically pulls thumbnail from the video for your post.
Two column text
You can control column text for each individual post in post settings area. It can be set globally as well.
Beautiful drop cap for your post. Drop cap can be set globally as initial letter of every post, or being set for any paragraph. There’re 3 drop cap styles:
- Simple letter
- Dark background
- Color background
Drop cap fonts can be choosen: Same body font, heading font, navigation font or Gothic font.
Built-in light box
Fox integrates a beautiful light box. See example of gallery with light box >>
The reading progress indicates how much your post content has been read. You can enable/disable it, set it at top or bottom with custom thickness and color. See example of reading progress >>
Post view counter
Fox integrates a simple post view counter but in a separated plugin. You may choose to install it or not. It counts post views by session so it’s pretty correct. It means refreshing the post 10 times in 1 minute still counts as 1 view.
In each builder section or post list widget, you have option to display most viewed posts: all time, yearly, monthly or weekly.
There’s a graph in the dashboard to represent view statistics.
Fox integrates related posts in few positions: after post content, bottom of single post or in footer sliding box.
Related post source can be: same tags, same category, same author, latest posts, featured posts.
You can display related posts in grid 2 – 4 columns or in a list.
Fox integrates a simple built-in review system that helps you to build a review blog/magazine such as book review, movie review etc.
In widgets, you can choose to display latest reviews or best rated articles.
You can change the sponsor label, name, image logo, image width and the sponsor URL.
For live events like football match or an outbreak (Coronavirus, Forest Fire..), it has a label as “Live post” (both on blog and in single post) and the time indicator of latest update time. This feature is inspired by news sites like NyTimes, BBC, CNN..
Align wide & fullwidth images
You can choose to set each image in your post to be aligned wide (120px larger than the post content width) or fullwidth (to the edge of screen).
Those options can be set for each image, each post or all posts.
7 Gallery Styles
- Image Grid gallery with options 2 – 5 columns
- Pinterest-like image gallery with options 2-5 columns
- Carousel gallery
- Stack Images
- Image Slider
- Metro gallery style
- Rich-content slider
Fox has a lot of ad spots you can use responsive banner ad or enter your own ad code, say Adsense. Each banner ad has option for desktop banner, tablet and mobile ad.
Here’re spots you can insert your ads:
- Before Header
- After Header
- After Logo
- Before each homepage builder section
- Before the main stream posts in homepage builder
- Main Sidebar
- 4 Footer Columns
- Before single post title
- Before single post content
- After single post content
- In a page if you use Elementor.
- Image box (New)
- Coronavirus data (New)
- About widget
- Instagram Feed (third-party)
- Facebook Like Box
- Pinterest Feed
- Responsive Ad (Banner or custom Adsense Code)
- Post List (Latest, Most Viewed, Best Rated)
- Author List
- Social List
- Mailchimp Form For WP (third-party)
- Header, Footer Logo
- Header, Footer Menu
Built-in Coronavirus Data Widget included
With world wide spread of the Covid 19 pandemic, many sites now require a live update of the pandemic locally or globally. Since v4.4, Fox includes a built-in Coronavirus widget update with data from Johns Hopkins University, New York Times and Worldometers combined. See a live demo here >>. You can display number of total cases, new confirmed cases, total deaths from:
- Any country, say USA, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, Russia etc
- Any continent, eg. Europe, Asia, North America etc
- Any U.S. State, eg. New York, California, Illinois, New Jersey etc
- And a table below with data from all countries around the world or all U.S states
With smart data cached you can set from 15 mins – 24 hours, it doesn’t slow down your site while the data is still up to date. This widget is EXCLUSIVELY included in The Fox theme and you’ll see it right after install the theme under Appearance > Widgets tab. Enter your own country/state. No further actions needed.
Elementor page builder ready
Elementor is a free page builder has powered more than 4 millions of WordPress sites. Even not required but Fox works very well with Elementor and comes with extra Elementor addons:
- Post Standard Layout
- Post Newspaper Layout
- Post Grid Layout
- Post Masonry (Pinterest-like) Layout
- Post List Layout
- Post Vertical Layout
- Post Big Layout
- Post Slider Layout
- Post Group 1 (2 columns)
- Post Group 2 (3 columns)
- Author Grid/List
- Responsive Ad
- Elementor page builder
- WooCommerce plugin for shop
- Contact Form 7
- Mailchimp For WP
- SEO Yoast
- Instagram Feed
- All in one security
- WP Rocket (premium)
- Lazy Load
- Loco Translate
- WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache
Fox supports share icons of all popular social sites. You can display share icons before, sticky along post or after the post content.
- Messenger (only rare themes support this)
(Note that Instagram doesn’t have a share button)
Fox supports more than 20 essential translation words right inside the customizer panel so you don’t need to install a third-party translation plugin. Words you can translate quickly in Customizer:
- Keep Reading
- Read More
- Type and hit enter
- by %
- Published on
- Latest posts
- You might be interested in
- and many words
Multilingual ready with Polylang Compatibility
Fox is 100% compatible with Polylang so you can turn your site into a multi-languages site.
- Human-reading time: 3 days ago, 19 hours ago..
- Sentence base: word or character
- Multi-site ready
- Cross browser compatibility: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Edge.
- Retina ready
- Support for multi page articles
- Child theme supported
- Reading time in post meta
- CSS, JS Compressed by default. However, you can select to load many individual files if you want for your own purpose.
- Show/Hide everything in your site.
- Most of options are local and global: ie. there’s an option for each single post and there’s an option in Customizer that applies for all posts.
- Font Awesome 5 icon list
- Custom header logo URL
- Upload default thumbnail in case there’s no thumbnail
- Custom post blog thumbnail, ie. you can set blog image that’s different from single post thumbnail.
Fox offers dedicated & comprehensive online documentation you can access quick & easy.
Updates & Support
Once purchased, you have LIFE TIME updates. Update can be done automatically within single-click by using Envato Market plugin. See how to update the theme >>
We offer great support & friendly help at withemes.ticksy.com
HOW PEOPLE USE THE FOX
Please note that WordPress theme is a digital product, we worked hard for it and do not accept refund. Think twice before you buy. Refund is only issued when item is broken, lacks of support/docs or malfunctions. See Refund policy here.
Version 126.96.36.199 – May 26, 2020
- fix standard layout live indicator issue - fix polylang issues
Version 4.4.2 – May 21, 2020
- feature: grid border between grid/masonry items - feature: author list widget author avatar shape, color, separator option - feature: border sep between sidebar & primary area - feature: improve about widget with lot of options - fix: sidebar padding mobile issue - fix: the bug can't delete user avatar/cover image
Version 188.8.131.52 – May 13, 2020
- fix ad not showing issue
Version 4.4.1 – May 12, 2020
- post vertical excerpt size option - improve a media embed like Spotify, Tiktok.. - add "fox_final_params" hook for final parameters - add "fox_thumbnail_final_params" hook for final thumbnail parameters - add center text position option for hero full post - Fix: post big "keep reading" link - Fix: thumbnail hover effect, shape for vertical post, post group 1, 2 - Fix: classic slider show/hide components - Fix: all videos, medias.. wider than content for single post - Fix: the ad issue when image upload then removed, ID no longer exists but ad still showing - Fix: gallery caption issue - adjust: move minimal logo option for single post to logo section to make it easier to find - adjust: color of new cases in Coronavirus update widget
Version 184.108.40.206 – May 01, 2020
- fix post slider arrows issue - fix Instagram widget Elementor issue - option for woocommerce cart on header or off the side
Version 4.4 – April 29, 2020
HIGHLIGHTS - CUSTOMIZER SEARCH functionality - HOMEBUIDER DRAG & DROP to reorder builder sections - Allow to use widgets in builder section - Home builder layout: Post Modern Slider - Commentary Demo - Lifestyle Demo NEW FEATURES - add option for builder section content narrow - header sticky height - header navigation background option - builder section responsive visibility: ie. now you can hide some sections on tablet/mobile - header stack 4 - header menu active style - builder section ad responsive visibility - add a few more quick translation words: Live, Comment form words - Page title align option in page settings for each page - builder heading border color option - widget (FOX) Image box - more post standard options - mobile logo height opiton - footer sidebar column text align option - footer sidebar margin, padding, border options - single post padding top option - header cart icon for woocommerce - thumbnail stretch container option ADJUSTMENTS - adjust: default header stick height to 40px. you can change it in Customize > Header Layout > Sticky Header - adjust: sticky header background opacity from 95% to 100%. you can change it in Customize > Header Layout > Sticky Header - adjust: improve post standard design (margin, padding, spacing) - adjust: button outline & fill are now 1px border instead of 2px - adjust: increase the tablet screen breakdown from 782px to 820px to support iPad 7th gen - adjust: subtitle now between title and meta (as before 4.3) - adjust: thumbnail index more beautiful for post widget small thumbnail FIXES - fix: header navigation border default value - fix: sticky post order descending error - fix: post group 1 border issue - fix: header shadow none - fix: tablet screen breakpoint to 840px to compatible with iPad 10" - fix: section builder ad code align center - fix: page title align by adding align option for each page - fix: section builder heading small size too close to the line - fix: sep border color post group 1 - fix: default thumbnail not working issue - fix: import sidebar missing - fix: import post type error - fix: gallery bigger than content global option DEPRECATIONS - deprecated: main stream order. replaced by section drag/drop reorder feature
Version 220.127.116.11 – April 17, 2020
- fix the issue checkbox can't be saved in single post back end.
Version 4.3 – April 17, 2020
- homepage builder: non-duplicate posts option - homepage builder: more post layout options: masonry, vertical, standard, newspaper - homepage builder: section design option: color, background, border - homepage builder: more heading styles - homepage builder: more heading options: size, color, align - homepage builder: custom query option - homepage builder: supports custom post type taxonomy query - homepage builder: option to include/exclude multi-categories - homepage builder: option to include multi-authors - homepage builder: banner ad option for tablet/mobile - homepage builder: allow to use sidebar for each section - homepage builder: allow to display shortcode in each section - header: new stack 3 layout - header: social size, social style options - header: heavy shadow for header sticky - header: sticky header logo - header: allow to disable primary menu - header: option for hamburger button - footer: footer bottom, footer widgets custom color - footer: footer sidebar vertical align - footer: disable footer logo option - blog: supports grid 5 cols, masonry 5 cols for archive layouts - blog: thumbnail showing effect - blog: more options for each blog type: group 1, group 2, slider, vertical.. - post: "live post" feature for breaking news - post: post hero dark skin - post: option to disable scroll down button for hero posts - post: minimal header logo height for hero posts - post: single post, top banner - post: allow to display related posts after both content and sidebar - post: support stretch wide and full for each individual image - post: query options for footer sliding box - post: allow to display featured posts in related posts, bottom posts, footer sliding box - design: block quote quote icon, alignment - design: design option for caption text - design: add drop cap font option, Gothic font - design: design options for subtitle - widget: 2, 3 column option for author grid widget - general: update google font list - general: built-in user avatar option - improve: overall design - improve: off-canvas menu design - improve: post group on mobile design - improve: social share - improve: mega menu item load on hover to improve site speed - improve: Recommend Instagram Feed plugin due to Instagram policy changes - improve: No longer requires Elementor - improve: Sidebar 2 columns on tablet for better responsive display - improve: post group on mobile - improve: contact form button - improve: hero post design - improve: CSS Sass structure - fix: can't disable header sticky - fix: alt tag for image logo - fix: drop cap issue when first letter is not in <p> tag - fix: review display when no review criteria - fix: empty metabox value in classic editor - fix: lightbox gallery issue - fix: sidebar missing when import demo - fix: woocommerce number of related products - deprecate: lazy load due to lack of consistence. supports third-party lazyload plugins