(as of Jan 24,2022 19:41:25 UTC – Details)
Learn to create plugins for WordPress 4.x to ship customized tasks or share with the neighborhood by detailed step-by-step recipes and code examples
- Learn how to change and extend WordPress to carry out just about any job
- Explore the plugin API by approachable examples and detailed explanations
- Mold WordPress to your challenge’s wants or remodel it to profit the whole neighborhood
WordPress is a popular, powerful, and open Content Management System. Learning how to extend its capabilities permits you to unleash its full potential, whether or not you are an administrator attempting to discover the proper extension, a developer with an excellent concept to improve the platform for the neighborhood, or a web site developer working to fulfill a consumer’s wants. This e book reveals readers how to navigate WordPress’ huge set of API features to create high-quality plugins with easy-to-configure administration interfaces.
With new recipes and supplies up to date for the newest variations of WordPress 4.x, this second version teaches you ways to create plugins of various complexity starting from just a few traces of code to complicated extensions that present intricate new capabilities.
You’ll begin through the use of the primary mechanisms supplied in WordPress to create plugins and execute customized person code. You will then see how to design administration panels, improve the submit editor with customized fields, retailer customized knowledge, and modify website habits based mostly on the worth of customized fields. You’ll safely incorporate dynamic components on internet pages utilizing scripting languages, and construct new widgets that customers will likely be in a position to add to WordPress sidebars and widget areas.
By the finish of this e book, it is possible for you to to create WordPress plugins to carry out any job you’ll be able to think about.
What you’ll study
- Discover how to register person callbacks with WordPress, forming the foundation of plugin creation
- Explore the creation of administration pages and including new content material administration sections by customized submit varieties and customized database tables
- Improve your plugins by customizing the submit and web page editors, classes and person profiles, and creating visitor-facing varieties
- Learn how to add assist for plugin translation and distribute your work to the WordPress neighborhood
Who This Book Is For
If you’re a WordPress person, developer, or a website integrator with primary data of PHP and an curiosity to create new plugins to tackle your private wants, consumer wants, or share with the neighborhood, then this e book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Preparing a Local Development Environment
- Plugin Framework Basics
- User Settings and Administration Pages
- The Power of Custom Post Types
- Customizing Post and Page Editors
- Accepting User Content Submission
- Customizing person knowledge
- Creating Custom MySQL Database Tables
- Adding New Widgets to WordPress’ Library
- Enabling Plugin Internationalization
- Distributing your plugin on wordpress.org
Yannick Lefebvre is a plugin developer who has created a number of plugins on the official WordPress repository. His first creation, Link Library, is in use on 1000’s of web sites round the world. With a background in Computer Science, he began writing plugins for his personal WordPress website in 2004 and shortly began sharing his creations with the neighborhood. He is actively concerned in the Montreal WordPress neighborhood, has introduced a number of occasions at WordCamp Montreal and presents customized plugin improvement companies. By day, Yannick works for CM Labs Simulations, an organization offering software program instruments and simulators for car and heavy tools simulation. You can discover out extra about him and his plugins on his web page, Yannick’s Corner